Any publicly or privately owned conference centres whose main business involves hosting conferences, conventions or other meetings may become members of the association. They must also fulfil the following membership criteria:
The premises must be equipped with the following facilities:
- An auditorium large enough to seat all the participants of a meeting.
- Various different-sized ancillary rooms with sufficient seating capacity to hold different types of meetings.
- Areas to host commercial exhibitions.
- A conference delegate registration area.
- Mobile or fixed audiovisual equipment and simultaneous interpreting facilities.
- Catering facilities capable of providing any services required for the event.
- Other additional facilities such as a press room, a VIP lounge, etc.
The conference centre must have organised at least five national or international conferences attended by at least 400 delegates.